Oh yeah, for those not watching my little videocasts, I bought a new spinning wheel last Thursday! It’s another Lendrum DT, since I sold my first Lendrum DT 2 years ago when I was having all that wrist pain. So, I’ve been spinning up a storm since last Thursday, and finished my first yarn on the new wheel today.
I started with 100% Blue Faced Leicester sliver from Fleece Artist. From the smell, I’d guess it was indigo dyed.
I started by splitting the fiber lengthwise a couple of times –
Then, I did a bit of pre-drafting, because the fiber was fairly stuck together. It formed these wonderful little roving clouds –
I made a little test skein by navajo plying the fiber –
I was happy with the weight, but wanted to do a traditional 3-ply instead, so I started spinning singles to that end –
I finished plying the singles up this morning, and set the twist right after. It poofed up a ton!
I still have to measure my yardage. I didn’t bother measuring the yardage before I set the twist, because I knew it was going to puff up a bit and I’d lose some yardage.